If you’re a healer looking for support
in your own life, I can help.
Hi, I’m Heidi, holistic life coach and Ayurvedic Health Counselor, and my specialty is helping people clear their life paths of all the blocks and junk that get in the way, and fortifying them to make the journey with strength and resilience.
I love working with wellness professionals because you’ve already done so much work. You know the roads of self-improvement; you have a spiritual foundation. But the tools you have aren’t quite giving you that sense of freedom and peace you want in your life.
You feel like you should know how to do this by now. That you, of all people, should be able to figure this out yourself! More meditating! More mindfulness! More gratitude! More self-care! Ack!
Trying to fix your own overwhelm, stuckness and self-doubt is like trying to lick your elbow - you’re just too close.
Even when helping other people is your life’s work, it doesn’t mean you have all the answers. You can still feel anxious, overwhelmed and exhausted (yes, even when you know how important self-care is!). You can do all the right things and still be silently screaming inside your head.
This is life coaching for wellness professionals who...
- Feel stuck, like you’re not living up to your potential or expectations. Part of you blames circumstances outside your control, but part of you blames yourself.
- Feel emotionally knocked around by every disaster (global, national, community or personal) but wish you could respond from a place of calm, rather than react.
- Always know what to say to your clients (you give great advice), but need accountability to take your own medicine.
- Worry that you’re doing something wrong, second-guess every decision, and beat yourself up (your inner critic is harsher than a 12-year-old mean girl).
- You’re not in flow (everything you try to do feels like swimming upstream).
- You’ve heard that life can feel more easeful and magical but have no idea how to possibly make that happen.
I know, you’re an authority in helping people! You shouldn’t have these problems! (That’s what you’re thinking, right?)
That expectation we place on ourselves as wellness workers is exactly what prevents us from doing the deeper work that can help us get unstuck.
We first have to admit that we are, in fact, stuck.
And then we need to have the courage to ask for help.
Join me for a 6-month journey to get back on your life path
(Because that’s where you’ll find the ease and joy you’re looking for)
I offer 6-Months of 1:1 weekly coaching sessions because I’ve found it’s the right-size container to create truly profound shifts — the kind of shifts we need to extricate ourselves from lives, jobs and patterns that don’t fit our souls, and move into alignment.
As you start to change how you’re living your life, you’ll find that old stories, patterns and logistical potholes appear to slow or stop your progress. Much of our work together will be to teach you how to overcome these challenges so you can stay the course without getting stuck again.
To do this, we will use:
- Mindset work based in cognitive behavioral therapy (core programming, relationships, people-pleasing, procrastination, habits, self-medicating or numbing)
- Ayurvedic practices - nutrition, herbs, habits, and alternative therapies
- Meditation and pranayama/breathwork
What does a session look like?
In our first session, we start with meditation and breathwork to help you shift from the immediate cares of your day into this deeper work. Then we get in touch with your vision for how you want to feel, what you want your life to look like, and what mindset you want to shift into so you can become the person you’re meant to be.
I can do hard things
I can figure out what to do
I am enough, I have enough
I am loved and lovable
I am on my path, exactly where I need to be
As we talk about your vision, goals and dreams, I’ll be listening very carefully to see where you’re struggling, what blocks are preventing you from living the life you want, and how to begin moving you through them.
From there, we'll make a plan to get your feet firmly planted on your unique path and giving you the clarity and the confidence to move forward, with all the tools you need to stay on your path even when obstacles arise.
Those obstacles are part of your path, too (and are quite often the most transformative).
Make way for the life you’re meant to live
- 6-months of 1:1 coaching to get you unblocked, unstuck, and moving forward!
- 1-hour coaching calls via Zoom, 1x per week
- In-between session Voxer & email access
- Call notes (in Google Docs)
- Home practices to support your work (depending on your needs, this may include journaling, self-reflection, habits, worksheets, etc.)
Payment plan available for $600/month
Schedule a virtual tea to make sure this is the right fit for you.
While self-care, yoga and taking a vacation help to calm the nervous system down, you often don’t solve the root of self-doubt, overwhelm, and feeling stuck.
When working as a new Ayurvedic Health Counselor, I found that simply coaching people on daily habits, eating for your dosha, yoga, herbs and other therapies often wasn’t enough.
Most people would start out strong, but after a month or two, you might have some new habits down but it wouldn’t translate into larger life changes yet. Then you’d wander away and we wouldn’t get the chance to deepen your experience.
This is because simply changing your actions doesn’t work. And just focusing on easing symptoms isn’t enough.
Also, therapy often doesn’t create the kind of change you want because it doesn’t focus on taking action and creating change in practical terms.
- It’s hard because you are so close to the problem and to your self-concept (the idea of who you are) that it’s hard to see objectively AND even if you can see it, it’s hard to know what to do to change it
- Anxiety, self-doubt and overwhelm become emotional habits that trigger automatically, just like a smoker reaching for a cigarette. Your body will respond to a situation by reaching for a familiar emotion like anxiety. Neither the cigarette or the anxiety are good for you but, it’s what’s happening!
I believe that these problems manifest on all levels of the self - mind, body and spirit - so the solution also needs to happen on each of these levels.
From the day you’re born, you absorb belief systems of other people - your parents, your school, your friends, your community, your culture. Some of these beliefs get programmed so deeply into ourselves that we mistake them for the truth of who we are.
These programs can become the foundation of your life - what you do, how you do it, what you “want”, how you feel safe to present yourself, what you think is appropriate in relationships of all kinds. It gets deep and messy.
Even when you commit to changing your life, these programs can hold you back in ways that can be really, really hard to see. It’s like driving on a highway that has a big rut in it and no matter how much you try to keep out of it, it sucks you back in (if you live in a cold climate where you use studded tires, then you know what I mean)!
To create profound change in life, it’s not just about doing different things, but about becoming someone different - someone who feels empowered and in alignment with her truest self.
This can be really hard to do on your own.
But you don’t have to.
I’m here to help.
I help my clients to:
- Improve mental health
- Process and learn skills to manage emotions
- Identify behavior and emotional patterns and learn tools to interrupt them so that they can get out of old habits
- Clarify who they want to be and what they want to do with their lives, then provide tools and accounting to help them live into their vision
- Develop nourishing daily habits through self-care, yoga and Ayurvedic practices
- Understand themselves in new ways
- Improve their relationships with themselves, their bodies, food, their work & other people
- Develop greater connection with something greater than themselves
I’ve helped people who:
- Feel overwhelmed and out of control with their daily schedules
- Experience social anxiety and isolation
- Have overactive nervous systems
- Feel trapped in their lives and struggle to make empowered decisions
- Have habits of people pleasing and loose boundaries
- Struggle with self-doubt and perfectionism
- Experience anxiety or depression
I’ve studied many aspects of the healing arts and am a certified life coach from The Life Coach School, an Ayurvedic Health Counselor and a yoga teacher. I’ve done additional studies in reiki with various teachers, tapping with Margaret Ranier Lynch and trauma informed yoga with Sarahjoy Marsh.