The holidays are upon us and that means great food, family and enjoying some time off. It can also mean complicated digestion, stress and irritation.
I want to encourage you this year to choose how you want your holidays to be. Because you can!
By planning ahead of time, you can prepare yourself to eat “responsibly”, have a more positive state of mind and to say no with love.
Here are some questions to help you make your holiday celebrations :
Healthy holidays prep work
- What is the best thing about this holiday?
- How do you want to feel on this holiday?
- How can you honor this without overindulgence?
- How do you want to feel after your holiday meal?
- Do you want to avoid eating or drinking something? If so, what?
- What will you do when you feel the urge for that thing?
- Will you need to say no to someone?
- How will you say no? Write it down, then say it out loud three times period
- What can you do on the day after to balance things out? This could be eating less, being active, being kind to yourself, etc.
I’ve compiled these questions into a Healthy holidays worksheet that you can download.
May this be your best holiday season yet!