What do you want to create in 2022?
That can feel like a biiiig question, bringing up images of lists of goals that feel really exciting but then quickly get complicated and overwhelming.
(While I do love working with goals, all too often I see them fizzle out two weeks into January).
A much simpler approach is to choose a Word of the Year.
A Word of the Year is one or two words that embody how you want to feel or what you want to experience in your life. You can refer to it in any situation, to help you stay true to who you want to be.
A Word of the Year can act as a guide to help you in your decision making all year long.
My word for 2022 is Listen.
I chose it because I can apply the word ‘listen’ in lots of ways that will help me grow in meaningful ways:
- Listen to my body’s messages to know when I need a break, when I need to move, when I the support of professionals to keep things running smoothly
- Listen to other people deeply to hear the deeper meaning behind their words
- Listen to nature, connect with her energy and healing capacity
- Listen to music deeply. Give it my undivided attention instead of always relegating it to background noise.
- Listen to my inner wisdom so that I can better align with my deeper truth instead of just going on autopilot
It’s my hope that my Word of the Year will help me be more fully present with myself, others and life in general
What’s your Word of the Year?
If you’d like some help figuring it out, I have a worksheet that walks you through the steps to choosing your word.
If you’d like the worksheet, send me a message with the words, “word for 2022” and I’ll send it your way.
Wishing you reflection and ease these last few days of 2021 and a happy new year!